What is Messy Church?
Messy Church is a way of being church for families that is found across the world. It is:
- is a way of being church for families involving fun
- is a church, not a craft club, that helps people encounter Jesus as Lord and Saviour
- is found across the world
- values are about being Christ-centred, for all ages, based on creativity, hospitality and celebration
- is part of The Bible Reading Fellowship which believes, with the historic churches, in one God, who is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
St Margaret’s Messy Church meets from 10am -12pm on the first Saturday of the month in the Millennium Centre. If you need to leave earlier that is not a problem. The activities are designed for 5 – 11 year old’s however there is a toddler corner available.
There is an hour of crafts, always on a Biblical theme followed by a story time. This may take the form of a drama, film or simply telling the story. We usually sing a song that the children are familiar with. We then say a prayer and share lunch together. It is a bring and share lunch – there is always plenty and if children are fussy eaters the parents can bring food for they know their children will eat.
Messy church dates for 2020 are:
Following Government advice Messy Church is postponed until further notice.
Dates to be confirmed are: 2nd May, 6th June, 4th July, 5th September, 3rd October, 7th November and 5th December.
All 10.00am in the Millennium Centre.