What is Messy Church?
Messy Church is a way of being church for families that is found across the world. It is:
- is a way of being church for families involving fun
- is a church, not a craft club, that helps people encounter Jesus as Lord and Saviour
- is found across the world
- values are about being Christ-centred, for all ages, based on creativity, hospitality and celebration
- is part of The Bible Reading Fellowship which believes, with the historic churches, in one God, who is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
There are crafts, always on a Biblical theme followed by a story time. This may take the form of a drama, film or simply telling the story. We usually sing a song that the children are familiar with. We then say a prayer and share lunch together. It is a bring and share lunch – there is always plenty and if children are fussy eaters the parents can bring food for they know their children will eat.
Our next Messy Church will be on Monday 20th December at 9.30 in Church