We are committed to the safeguarding, care and nurture of everyone within our community.
Reporting abuse and finding support
If you have information about a safeguarding situation where a child or adult is in immediate danger or requires immediate medical attention call the emergency services on 999. Do not delay.
St Margaret’s Church
If you have any concerns about safeguarding where a person is not in immediate danger then please contact our safeguarding officer Linda Randall or speak to a member of the staff team.
Linda Randall Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults & Lead Recruiter. She can be contacted on 01634 231003 or at email@example.com.
Diocese of Rochester
The Diocese of Rochester also have a safeguarding team. If you would like to speak to someone in the Diocesan Safeguarding Team, please find their contacts below.
Lead Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser and Rochester Cathedral Safeguarding Officer
Tel: 01634 560000 or M: 07585 952174
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
Tel: 01634 560000 or M 07825 315748
Caroline Smith – Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
Tel: 01634 560000
From 5pm on Friday through to 9am on Monday Thirtyone:eight (previously CCPAS) has been contracted to take safeguarding telephone enquiries, that cannot wait until the Diocesan office reopens on Monday morning. Telephone number 0303 003 11 11.
We understand reporting abuse may be very difficult and distressing to you and it may add to your hurt by our not being able to immediately assist you. Therefore here are the contact details of other agencies that are available to assist either on a 24-hour basis or through specialist helplines and services:
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm)
To view our safeguarding policies please click on the links below.